MOUG is now accepting proposals for the 2018 meeting in Portland, OR from January 31-February 1, 2018. Please use this link to submit your ideas for presentations, panels, or lightning talks, or you can suggest a topic for someone else to present:
You may fill out the form more than once and those selected to speak will be notified as once the selection is made. The deadline for submissions is May 26, 2017.
We are interested in what you would like to learn or discuss at this year’s meeting! To scope out previous program content if you need inspiration, visit the MOUG website (https://musicoclcusers.org/meetings/).
The following topics are of especial interest and we are looking for presenters:
- Specific hands-on cataloging tools or tricks including (but definitely not limited to)
- Cataloging with non-Roman (Cyrillic, CJK, etc.) keyboards
- MARCEdit, macros, OpenRefine, or other ways of batch processing, cleaning up data
- 77X-78X links
- Surprise us!
- BIBFRAME or linked data
- Other metadata schema projects and tools
- OPAC/ILS dealing with RDA
- Cooperative cataloging
- Best practices/training/migrating to LCGFT, LCDGT, LCMPT, etc.
- Data rescue and cataloging these efforts
- Digitization projects
- Special projects/large projects
If you think you may be able to speak on one of these topics or have another potential topic in mind, please contact Molly O’Brien to discuss it and don’t hesitate to email her with any questions.
Media and Metadata Librarian
Curtis Institute of Music
1720 Locust Street, Philadelphia, PA 19103
(215) 717-3147 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Continuing Education Coordinator, MOUG