MOUG is celebrating its 40th anniversary, and to help mark the occasion, we are soliciting design ideas for a new logo. Do you have graphic talents? Have you thought about how MOUG’s visual identity could be improved? Are you interested in getting more involved with MOUG but aren’t quite sure how? This contest is for you!
ELIGIBILITY: Both members and non-members may enter.
REQUIREMENTS: The logo design submission should conform to the following criteria:
- Simplicity and scalability: it should look equally good as a thumbnail or printed on a banner; it should “pop” in color or in grayscale
- High-resolution image format (e.g., .jpg, .png, .tif, .psd, .eps; at least 300 dpi)
- Originality: it should not include or incorporate copyrighted/trademarked material
- Appropriateness: it should not include references, symbols or messages that may be deemed offensive, discriminatory, or inappropriate
- Most importantly: it should be memorable, timeless and relevant to the story and identity of MOUG
HOW: The logo contest jury will evaluate submissions (which will be anonymized by a third party) and select finalists which will appear on the fall member ballot. MOUG members will vote on the winner, and the winning design will be revealed at our Annual Meeting in Portland, Oregon in January 2018, and further announced via public channels shortly after.
PRIZE: The winner will receive one year of free membership to MOUG, and your design will be credited publicly as appropriate.
WHEN: Submit your design to Alan Ringwood, MOUG Vice Chair/Chair-Elect (firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than Monday, October 16.
Questions? Please contact Casey at email@example.com.
Looking forward to seeing your design ideas!