Bruce Evans (Baylor University) is the 2019 recipient of OLAC’s Nancy B. Olson Award. This award recognizes and honors a librarian who has made significant contributions to the advancement and understanding of audiovisual and/or electronic resources cataloging.
The text of the award letter follows:
OLAC Catalogers Network
Presents The 2019 Nancy B. Olson Award
To Bruce Evans
For significant and diverse contributions to audiovisual cataloging and catalogers at the state, region, and national levels. He is especially honored for his outstanding service in:
- Serving at Chair of OLAC’s Cataloging Policy Committee (CAPC) from July 2016 to June 2018
- Initiating the Unified Best Practices Task Force, charged with unifying all OLAC Best Practices into one comprehensive document to be integrated into the RDA Toolkit
- Initiating other CAPC task forces such as the Joint MLA/OLAC 33X/34X Task Force and the OLAC/MOUG Playaways Task Force
- Serving at OLAC Treasurer/Membership Coordinator from 2011-2013
- Serving on the OLAC-MOUG 2008 Biennial Conference Program Planning Committee
- Providing valuable insight as a member of the MOUG-OLAC Collaboration Task Force, including co-authoring the White Paper on a Potential OLAC-MOUG Merger and Roadmap For Further Collaboration Between Our Organizations
- Serving on the MOUG Executive Board from 2013-2017 as Vice-Chair, Chair, and Past- Chair
- Providing service and leadership in a variety of ways to his profession
On this date, Friday, June 21, 2019 in Washington, D.C.
Bruce has served MOUG as Continuing Education Coordinator (2006-2010), Vice-Chair/Chair-Elect (2013-2014), Chair (2014-2016), and as Past Chair (2016-2017).