The MOUG Reference, Discovery, and Collection Committee (an invigorated revival of the former Reference Services Committee) will be convened shortly after the 2017 annual MOUG meeting. The term of service will be two years; members appointed in 2017 will serve either a one or two year term in order to establish staggered appointments. Committee members shall be individual MOUG members in good standing.
The Committee’s charge is as follows:
- Under the direction of the Reference, Discovery, and Collection Coordinator, assist with:
- Investigating issues related to OCLC’s public-facing discovery, reference, and collections-related products and services
- Compiling and articulating suggestions of improvements to public-facing discovery, reference, and collections-related OCLC products and services
- Engaging in advocacy related to those products and services
- Developing and maintaining content of the Discovery, Reference, and Collections section of the MOUG website and any associated subpages or forum
- Provide representation on the Program Committee: one member of the committee, selected by the Reference, Discovery, and Collection Coordinator in consultation with the Continuing Education Coordinator shortly after the conclusion of each annual conference, shall serve as an ex-officio member of the Program Committee.
If you are interested in joining the committee, please email a statement of interest and qualifications to Rebecca Belford at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Monday, March 6, 2017.