The Music OCLC Users Group (MOUG) Program Committee is now accepting proposals for the 2022 annual meeting, currently scheduled for March 1-2, 2022, in Salt Lake City, Utah.
Please use the linked form below to submit your proposals for presentations, panels, workshops, etc., or to suggest a topic for someone else to present.
The Program Committee welcomes proposals for content of interest to the Music OCLC Users Group, centered around the use of systems in libraries/archives for music collections. Topics of interest may include but are not limited to:
- Music metadata standards, practices, and processes
- Discovery, reference, and research in music libraries/archives
- Digital music collections and projects
- Connections between music metadata and other areas of music librarianship
- Based on survey results, attendees of previous meetings indicated that they are especially interested in practical training or workshops on cataloging and metadata topics, independent of platform or institution
At this time, due to the COVID-19 situation, the MOUG Board has not yet made a decision on whether the 2022 MOUG Annual Meeting will take place in-person in Salt Lake City, virtually, or in some hybrid format. If you know (or suspect) that you will be unable to deliver your session in person, please indicate this in your proposal. This information will be used for planning purposes. The Program Committee will consider all proposals based on their topic and content.
You do not need to be a member of MOUG to submit a proposal. The deadline for submission is June 7, 2021. Notification of acceptance is anticipated by mid-July, contingent on the meeting format decision.
Please direct any questions to Kevin Kishimoto (email@example.com), MOUG Continuing Education Coordinator. We look forward to receiving your submissions.